The daily blog is back! Sorry for the loooong delay (338)
What a crazy couple of weeks it’s been. Here’s what I’ve missed writing about:
1. I went to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios with Jason Ingraham, Alex, Kelli, Dustin, and my new friend Jessica. It was a blast. There were hardly any zombie children. The Bill and Ted show was excellent and I got so scared in the Walking Dead Maze that I tried to run out an exit and got held back by one of the workers while my friends told me I was going the wrong way. Hello fight or flight instinct and kudos to the great job Universal!
2. I slept through Halloween. Yup! I was so tired that I fell asleep around 7pm and woke up at 11pm then couldn’t go back to sleep until 2am. Needless to say, the next day at work was hard.
3. I had my last day at Premier Valley Properties. It was really bittersweet. I was excited to start working at my new job but was sad to leave my co-workers. I already miss the camaraderie with Pauline and all the hijinks/shenanigans we would get into trying to scare/throw stuff at Gus and Rebecca. BUT I’ve really wanted to work for this new company for a while based on what all my friends say and the work schedule (9/80). I’ll miss them but I know this is for the best. I’ll have benefits and the start of a new career in a new field which could lead to even better things. Who knows how God is going to use this job?
4. I saw Ives the Band for the 3rd time with Alex and Brandi. They never cease to amaze me!!! They’re brilliant musicians and all-around great guys. I literally couldn’t keep my eyes off Kyle (lead guitarist) this time. I love watching them play because you can tell how much they enjoy performing. This time, Kyle was just on fire! He was such a joy to watch him get into the music and have a great time all while putting on a good show. I can’t wait to see them again on December 7th! After they were done with their set, we went outside and got to have a chat. I talked with Kyle about learning to play lead guitar and he showed me how much bigger his hand was to mine. LOL. It’s an inside joke with myself…I just love how I have somehow managed to play guitar even with my short fingers. He also told me that barre chords are crap which I fully appreciate since I still cannot play them. I’m still trying though. I seriously cannot stress enough how great Ives the Band are. I hope they one day get the recognition they deserve but selfishly I always want them to play small shows and remember me. 😉
5. Today was my first day at work. I now get up at 5am every day…yay? I am super tired but really wanted to write this all down. It was a good first day. I met a ton of people and filled out a bunch of paperwork but also got to take a tour of everything I was allowed to see and got a free tee shirt. I know it’s hard but please, try not to be jealous of my free tee-shirt. LOL. It’s cool. It’s pink and it has planes on it. Tomorrow is day #2 and I think I’m actually going to get to do some real work. I’m excited. I like learning new things.
6. I watched my first James Bond movie last week at Jason’s (and Joel’s and Josh’s) house. Casino Royale was better than I was expecting it to be! Tomorrow night we’re watching the other one (I can’t remember the name of it right now) in preparation of seeing Skyfall at midnight on Thursday night. I’m excited.
7. Midterms suck so look at these photos of the wonderful band called Ives the Band. Find them on Facebook and like them and send them some love. They’re rad.
Love you all and thanks for reading,