Posted by Jenn
My Christmas tree from 2011 since this year I have no tree. 😦
I’m officially exhausted! I had a long day at work followed by shopping, essay writing, baking, learning Christmas Carols on my guitar, and packing. Realistically, one more night and my room will be packed. I’m so ready for moving to be over. I’m in the home stretch (pun intended). Other good news, another girl at work (roughly my age) might be looking for a roommate in the next couple of months. Her job might include some traveling in the future so I’d basically live by myself all week long and have a roommate on the weekends. Not too bad a deal if you ask me. I’m not home that much on the weekends anyways. We’ll see though. She’s not sure if she wants to have a roommate so I’m going to continue looking for other options in the mean time.
It’s weird going through the things one accumulates over the years. I have a lot more stuff that I never even look at which makes me wonder why I still have it. I think I’m going to make myself go through boxes at least once every 9-12 months and get rid of stuff that I don’t care about anymore or even think about nonetheless use. Yeah, sounds like a good plan. Someone remind me in 9 months please. 🙂
I’m currently watching Friends. I have literally seen every episode at minimum 6 times. The episode right now is the one where Chandler and Joey’s chick is turning into a rooster and it makes Rachel and Monica mad so they play a game of Who Knows Who Best. Rachel and Monica end up losing the game so, instead of the guys having to get rid of their rooster, Monica and Rachel have to switch apartments with Chandler and Joey. My favorite part has to be when we discover that Chandler gets his TV Guide mailed to Ms. Chanandeler Bong. Even though I know all of the jokes before they happen, I still crack up when they’re said. Oh 90’s TV shows, how I love you.
Well, I’m off to sleep now. Hopefully I can wake up in the morning for my last day of regular work before vacation!!!! Technically we all have Friday off but I’m working it and possibly Saturday so I don’t have to come in during my vacation. I am soooo blessed with 2 full weeks off from work to spend some much needed down time with my family and my friends (all of whom have barely seen me in the last 6ish months). Yup…
Peace, love, and happy holidays,
Posted by Jenn
The weather has been generally frightful lately. It’s been cold and windy and annoying. But there have been a few random days that have brought some rain so that was nice. The rain always makes me think of being in Belfast and the amazing people I met there and hope to always remain friends with. Two in particular, although I think our bond was truly forged when they came to America and we got to spend a summer/fall together. John and Hannah will always be my favorite inhabitants of the UK (I say UK since they now both live outside of Belfast).
I have seriously neglected this blog and, trust me, it has haunted me daily. I’ve been so tired/busy/stressed/happy/confused/worn down that I haven’t had time. Every time I thought of taking a moment to write, I would fall asleep. Exciting huh? I’m going to try to make a better effort now though, especially since I’ll be going on vacation soon.
Here’s a recap of stuff that’s happened:
- Saw Ives the Band again (Yippee!!!) and got to talking to them after the show. They gave Brandi, Crystal, and me free tee shirts and thanked us for being so supportive. There’s a slight possibility that they also might come play at my church in the future but that’s not something I can really talk about yet.
- Got into a slight fender bender but the guy never called me back and never contacted my insurance so I’m guessing I’ll never hear about it again. Whatevs. It wasn’t in my car (I was driving Brandi’s) so that complicated things a bit. Everyone was fine. I was going 5 mph when it happened. Stupid L.A.
- I’ve been working at my job now for almost 2 months and I still love the people and the company. I’m beginning to know a bit of what we do and things are starting to make more sense. I still feel lost at times but I’m now able to ask more intelligent questions to help me understand a bit more. That’s really what I need to do my job well – understanding of the total process. Hopefully things will get even easier and I’ll have even more clarity over the next 6 weeks.
- I’m moving out of my condo and into my mom’s house temporarily. Sigh… I just didn’t have enough time to find a roommate and all the one bedroom apartments in non-life-threatening areas are too much for me to afford right now. Maybe if I’m lucky I’ll get some good raises in the next couple of months? Or, more likely, maybe one of my friends or someone I know and like will want to rent an apartment with me. Hopefully. Otherwise, at this point, I might just end up being super poor and getting a one bedroom of my own.
- I finished my weekly classes of VLI. I’ve now just got two finals and some papers to write. Yay! I’ll probably end up getting my certificate in March after winter 2012 quarter is over. I think next year I’m going to try and take classes to finish up my bachelors in English. We’ll see.
That’s about all that’s been going on. I’ve been way too busy with ministry and studying and packing to really have a lot of fun. My friend Crystal is back from Australia until the end of January so I plan on spending a lot of time with her. Luckily, my company is pretty much shut down from 12/21/12 – 1/2/13 and my boss is letting me take time off through the 7th so I get a full two weeks off with no work! Yay! There will definitely be ice skating and movies and crocheting and reading and playing guitar involved.
I’m going to Las Vegas for Christmas with my mom. We’re meeting my brother there – he’s flying in from Montana for a few days. I’m looking forward to hanging out with them. I love my brother and love spending time with him. We rarely get to see each other so it’s nice that the three of us will get to spend the holiday together. We’re going to stay at the Mandalay Bay and see Jersey Boys. That’s about all we have planned for now. I plan on hitting the gym, relaxing in a bubble bath, reading a book, getting a massage/mani/pedi/facial aka spending too much money in a spa, and hopefully seeing some of the museums I have never seen in all my trips to Vegas.
Now, since I’m exhausted, I’m going to go to sleep. I’ve got many, many things to do tomorrow and I’m running on an average of 5 hours of sleep lately. It’s not enough. I’m definitely not 22 anymore – regardless of the fact that people tell me I still look 22. I need my beauty sleep.
Bon nuit mes amies!